The authorities that the Board of Directors may exercise and the business it may conduct as follows:
- Resolve to propose amendment of the Articles of Incorporation and to approve important procedures and rules.
- To approve the establishment and abolition of business branch(es).
- The approval of annual financial budget, the examination of financial statements, and the review, supervision and implementation of the annual business plan.
- Resolve to propose earnings distribution, loss make-up, capital increase, or capital reduction.
- Resolve to approve the investment on other businesses by the Company, and acquisition of equity shares of others.
- To appoint and discharge the certified public accountants of the Company.
- To propose the transfer of the right of dien, selling, rental, pledge, mortgage or any other action to the whole or material parts of the Company's property or business.
- To approve the financing application from, providing guarantee to, making acceptance payment to, making capital lending to or borrowing from financial institutions and any other third parties with a total amount of NT$ Twenty Million or more. When the total dollar amount is less than NT$ Twenty Million for the aforesaid business activities, the person-in-charge may execute in advance; however, shall report to the most upcoming meeting of the Board of Directors. Any monetary payment for a single purpose shall not be divided and made directly to avoid the examination of the Board of Directors.
- To approve the capital expenditure, being included in the annual budget, of which the total amount is NT$ Fifty Million or more and the the capital expenditure, not being included in the annual budget, of which the total amount is NT$ Ten Million or more. For capital expenditure of which the total amount is more than NT$ Five Million and less than NT$ Ten Million, the person-in-charge may make the payment in advance; however, shall report to the most upcoming meeting of the Board of Directors. Any capital expenditure payment made for a single purpose shall not be divided and made directly to avoid the examination of the Board of Directors.
- To approve the endorsement/guarantee provided and make acceptance payment in the name of the Company, of which the total amount is NT$ Ten Million or more.
- To approve the signing of contracts of which the validness will sustain for one year or more and of which the total contemplated amount is NT$ Fifty Million or more.
- To approve major transactions between the Company and the related parties including affiliated enterprises.
- To hire and dismiss the managerial personal with a level of Vice General Manager or higher for the Company.
- To approve the acquisition, transfer, and authorization of the proprietary technologies, patents, trademarks, and copyrights, and to approve, amend, and terminate the contracts for technology cooperation.
- Other powers and duties being authorized by laws, the Articles of Incorpoation, and resolutions of the Shareholders' Meetings.