- The CCL production line at Hsinchu Factory commenced production. The total CCL capacity of EMC group increased by 150,000 sheets per month.
- EMC was added into the Taiwan Medium 100 Index, compiled by TWSE and FTSE.
- SI Lab achieved Intel Delta-L and Cisco 40 GHz measurement capability.
- EMC Group was ranked as the largest worldwide halogen-free laminate provider by Prismark Partners LLC.
- Established Signal Integrity Laboratory (SI Lab), achieving Cisco S3, IBM SPP, and Intel Set2DL measurement capability.
- Kunshan Factory and Zhongshan Factory were both awarded China High-Tech Enterprise Certificate.
- Obtained Sanmina-SCI ZBC-2000® License.
- EMC was added in the MSCI Global Small Cap Index.
- Elite Electronic Material (Zhongshan) Ltd. officially commenced production, serving customers located in the South China market.
- Construction of Hsinchu Factory in Taiwan completed, and began to provide mass lamination services.
- A cooperative agreement signed with Japanese Hitachi Chemical and obtained license for producing halogen-free laminate. EMC officially launched its first halogen-free product, EM-280.
- Elite Electronic Material (Kunshan) Ltd. began commercial operation, expanding the business territory of the EMC Group into the domestic market of Mainland China.
- Common shares of EMC successfully listed in Taiwan Stock Exchange. TWSE code 2383.
- IPO successfully launced, and common shares of EMC began to trade at the Taipei OTC Stock Exchange.
- Mass commercial production commenced with a monthly CCL capacity of 200,000 sheets at Guanyin site of Taoyuan.
- Elite Material Co., Ltd. (EMC) was founded at Taoyuan, Taiwan.